Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu April 19, 2012
Central La. Prison Sale Scrapped Amid Opposition
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — The Jindal administration, facing strong opposition to the sale of a central Louisiana state prison, is giving up the idea but still pushing to hire a private company to run the facility. The state would lay off employees and pay a flat fee to the company for operating the prison.