Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu August 23, 2012
Caring For Others In Bountiful, Utah
Originally published on Thu August 23, 2012 6:55 pm
The Rocky Mountain Care Foundation was created in 1999 to provide charitable health care services and improve the overall quality of life for low-income people in Utah.
For example, we recently provided a Hoyer Lift to a quadriplegic woman to assist her in getting into and out of her wheelchair. And to make it easier on her caregiver, her tiny grandmother.
We also help seniors and those living with disabilities remain in their own homes as long as possible — by drafting community volunteers to perform minor yet critical home repairs and yard maintenance. It's our Do Unto Others program.
Amanda Hatton is the Americorps VISTA media specialist at the foundation. She listens to KUER.