Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed January 16, 2013
Caney Creek Reservoir Meeting on Jan. 21
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries will hold a public hearing Jan. 21 on marine life and vegetation in the Caney Creek Reservoir.
The department developed a management plan for the reservoir in 2006, focusing on fisheries management and vegetation control.
The meeting will be at 7 p.m. in the conference center at Jimmie Davis State Park in Chatham.
Presentations are planned on the results of recent sampling at the reservoir.