Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed July 30, 2014
Canal Street Ferry Weekday Hours Expanding In August
Starting Aug. 1, New Orleans' Canal Street ferry will be adding more than four hours to weekday schedules.
The Algiers Economic Development Foundation says Veolia Transportation plans to run the ferry from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays. It now runs from 7:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:15 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Fridays.
Weekend schedules will remain 10:45 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and 10:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
Veolia runs the ferries for New Orleans' Regional Transit Authority.
On July 30, evening hours will be added for the foundation's Wednesdays on the Point concert. Starting times won't change. But the last trip from Algiers Landing will leave at 9:15 p.m. and the last one from Canal Street at 9:30 p.m.