Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue April 24, 2012
Can You Pay For Yourself, Your Kids, Your Parents?
Originally published on Tue April 24, 2012 12:14 pm
More adults are helping pay for aging parents, at an average of $3,500 a month, according to MetLife. That's why experts say it's vital to plan for a future that includes parents. For NPR's series, "Family Matters: The Money Squeeze," host Michel Martin speaks with NPR's Marilyn Geewax, journalist Joan Lunden, and Houston Mayor Annise Parker.