Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue April 24, 2012
Can You Pay For Yourself, Your Kids, Your Parents?
Originally published on Tue April 24, 2012 12:14 pm
More adults are helping pay for aging parents, at an average of $3,500 a month, according to MetLife. That's why experts say it's vital to plan for a future that includes parents. For NPR's series, "Family Matters: The Money Squeeze," host Michel Martin speaks with NPR's Marilyn Geewax, journalist Joan Lunden, and Houston Mayor Annise Parker.