Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon February 20, 2012
Can USDA Make Good With Female, Hispanic Farmers?
Latino and women farmers have complained for decades about discrimination from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The agency is offering to address those concerns, but many affected farmers are not satisfied. Host Michel Martin speaks with Frederick Pfaeffle, the USDA's Deputy Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights.