Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Sat December 3, 2011
Cain's Train Comes To A Stop
Originally published on Sat December 3, 2011 4:16 pm
In case you haven't heard yet:
Republican Herman Cain effectively ended his presidential campaign this afternoon, as the toll from allegations about sexual harassment and an affair (all of which he has denied) combined to effectively end his chances at getting the GOP nomination.
Here's how the story is playing:
-- "Campaign Over, Cain Vows To Go With 'Plan B'." (NPR.org)
-- "Cain Suspends Presidential Campaign, Cites 'Hurt' Caused by 'False' Allegations." (Fox News)
-- "G.O.P. Presidential Candidate Says He Will Not Go Away." (The New York Times)
-- "Fight For Herman Cain Supporters Begins." (Politico)
-- "How the Cain Train Changed the Route to the White House: Unorthodox presidential campaign taught political veterans new lessons." (National Journal)
Our colleagues at It's All Politics follow the ups and downs of the campaign.