Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Reports
Wed June 3, 2009
Bywater Art Lofts Showing Off Renovation and Residents' Work
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The old Rex garment factory on Dauphine Street has been transformed into 37 apartments, most of which surround a central covered atrium where residents can display their work. The Bywater Art Lofts will be filled tomorrow (Thursday) with food, music and performances by residents eager to show their work.
Developer HRI's building manager Molly Gardner says the open house is also a chance to show off the renovation and the talent gathered inside.
Craig Nero says the lower rents and utility payments have inspired his work.
Karina Nathan says she appreciates the building's security.
The open house is set for 5 to 9 p.m.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming