Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Reports
Wed June 3, 2009
Bywater Art Lofts Showing Off Renovation and Residents' Work
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The old Rex garment factory on Dauphine Street has been transformed into 37 apartments, most of which surround a central covered atrium where residents can display their work. The Bywater Art Lofts will be filled tomorrow (Thursday) with food, music and performances by residents eager to show their work.
Developer HRI's building manager Molly Gardner says the open house is also a chance to show off the renovation and the talent gathered inside.
Craig Nero says the lower rents and utility payments have inspired his work.
Karina Nathan says she appreciates the building's security.
The open house is set for 5 to 9 p.m.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming