Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu June 21, 2012
Originally published on Thu June 21, 2012 5:53 am
A new study from the Pew Research Center shows that the gap between states' assets and how much they'll owe retirees in pensions and health care is growing. According to the most recent numbers, for fiscal year 2010 that gap grew 9 percent from the previous year to almost $1.4 trillion dollars.