Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Tue June 5, 2012
Originally published on Tue June 5, 2012 5:57 am
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with Disney delving into nutrition.
Today, Disney comes out with nutritional standards for food advertised across its platforms. The company has taken flack for contributing to the obesity epidemic by airing ads for junk food that targets kids.
This move marks a dramatic change, but the company's chairman told The New York Times, quote, "this is not altruistic; this is about smart business." Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.