Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Wed February 8, 2012
Originally published on Wed February 8, 2012 5:38 am
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with investors hopeful again.
Optimism and Greek debt are rarely heard in a sentence together, but let's put them together for now, because there is some hope, at least for the moment, that the latest deadline in Europe will be crossed. Leaders in Greece are working on a plan needed to receive another international bailout, and market players think a deal is close. The country faces bankruptcy next month unless it secures this next round of emergency funding. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.