Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue December 18, 2012
Originally published on Tue December 18, 2012 5:54 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with pressure to sell.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
GREENE: Here's an example of the business world feeling the impact of the school tragedy in Connecticut. Cerberus Capital is a private equity firm and they own a company called Freedom Group. Freedom Group was merged with the company that made one of the guns used in last week's shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. Today Cerberus Capital said in a statement that it is looking to sell its stake in the gun manufacturer. This follows pressure yesterday from the California State Teachers Retirement System among others. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.