Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Union Parish School Budget Cuts
Tue July 17, 2012
Budget cuts planned for Union Parish schools
FARMERVILLE, La. — Union Parish Schools Superintendent George Cannon says the district is struggling financially for the current fiscal year after cuts planned for the past year apparently didn't happen.
Cannon said some of last year's planned $1.6 million in cuts were not carried out as planned.
The News-Star reports (http://tnsne.ws/Q4bosn) that Cannon and the system's senior staff are working on a plan to eliminate $1.5 million from the 2012-13 general fund budget. The cuts could include eliminating positions and consolidating bus routes.
The board will likely consider the budget in its July 26 meeting.