Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sat June 9, 2012
Brother: Family shooting suspect was off medicines
HOUMA — A man charged with fatally shooting his sister and wounding her boyfriend was a paranoid schizophrenic who was off his medication, his brother says
Joseph Voisin, 44, has been arrested for killing Mary Voisin, 47, and wounding Christopher Smith, 45, Thursday at their home in Gray, La.
Sam Voisin, the suspect's brother, tells The Courier that there were no signs anything was wrong. Family members had finished dinner, and Mary Voisin and Smith went into a bedroom with Joseph Voisin while Sam Voisin watched TV.
Sam Voisin said he wasn't in the bedroom during the shooting.
Mary Voisin died after being shot twice, the Terrebonne Parish Sheriff's Office says. Smith has four gunshot wounds: two in his upper torso and two in his left arm and hand.