Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Drew Brees Franchise Tag
Thu June 28, 2012
Brees' Franchise Tag Arbitration Hearing Held
PHILADELPHIA — NFL Players Association attorney Jeffrey Kessler says an arbitrator expects to rule within a week on arguments presented concerning the Saints' use of the NFL's franchise tag on quarterback Drew Brees.
Arbitrator Stephen Burbank is handling the matter of how to interpret language in the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, which requires any club that designates a player as a franchise player for the third time to give him a 44 percent raise.