Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Gulf Oil Spill
Tue November 8, 2011
BP, Transocean, Halliburton Move To Bar Critical Reports From Federal Trial
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Lawyers for BP, rig owner Transocean and cement contractor Halliburton are asking a federal judge to bar critical government reports from a pending civil trial. BP also wants to block past criminal and civil proceedings involving the company from the court's consideration. Two key government reports find BP is primarily responsible for the spill. A presidential panel blames several companies involved. A civil trial with hundreds of plaintiffs is set for February in New Orleans.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.