Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Gulf Oil Spill
Tue November 8, 2011
BP, Transocean, Halliburton Move To Bar Critical Reports From Federal Trial
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Lawyers for BP, rig owner Transocean and cement contractor Halliburton are asking a federal judge to bar critical government reports from a pending civil trial. BP also wants to block past criminal and civil proceedings involving the company from the court's consideration. Two key government reports find BP is primarily responsible for the spill. A presidential panel blames several companies involved. A civil trial with hundreds of plaintiffs is set for February in New Orleans.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.