Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Gulf Oil Spill
Tue March 29, 2011
BP Loses Laptop With Information of Thousands of Claimants
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – BP says the laptop was lost March 1st. It started sending notices this week to those affected. The laptop requires a password, but the information itself is not encrypted. It includes a person's name, birthday and Social Security number. The claims were filed before the process was taken over in August by the Gulf Coast Claims Facility. BP says there's no evidence the information has been misused, and it's offering free credit monitoring.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.