Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Thu November 20, 2008
Borders Books opens in New Orleans
Borders Books is about to open a new outlet in the former Bultman Funeral Home on St. Charles Avenue in New Orleans. It is a neighborhood where independent bookstores have thrived over the years.
As in many communities across the country, this opens a debate about the pros and cons of how national chains and local businesses compete.