Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Tue July 24, 2012
Boomtown Casino to add 150-room hotel
Las Vegas-based Pinnacle Entertainment says it will build a 150-room hotel at the site of the company's Boomtown Casino in Jefferson Parish.
Construction of the $20 million development in the New Orleans suburb of Harvey is expected to begin in September and should be completed in late 2013.
Pinnacle spokeswoman Kerry Andersen said the casino, which opened in 1994 and has more than 1,400 slot machines and 32 table games, is the only one of the company's four Louisiana properties that isn't operating with an attached hotel.
The development will create about 50 permanent jobs, the company said.
The Lemoine Co. of Lafayette has been hired as general contractor for the project.