Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue March 27, 2012
Booker T. Jones On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Tue November 27, 2012 4:33 pm
Songwriter, producer and musician Booker T. Jones makes his first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live in on the campus of West Virginia University in Morgantown. From his early work as one of the architects of the soul sound at Stax Records to the iconic tunes he cut with Booker T. & The MG's to his production work with legends like Bill Withers and Willie Nelson, it's difficult to overstate the impact Jones has had on American music.
During his Mountain Stage set, Jones plays a few of his well-known favorites, touches on his work with heavyweights like Bob Dylan and Albert King, and shares songs from his latest collaboration with The Roots, The Road From Memphis. This segment includes three songs not heard in the radio broadcast: an instrumental cover of Lauryn Hill's "Everything Is Everything" and the MG's hits "Time Is Tight" and "Hip Hug-Her," which features a hip-hop vocal solo from drummer Darian Gray.
This performance was originally published March 26, 2012.