Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Thu September 6, 2012
Bollinger delivers 55K-barrel tank barge
Bollinger Marine Fabricators, LLC has delivered a newly designed and constructed 55,000 barrel tank barge to Bouchard Transportation Co., Inc.
Bollinger, based in Amelia, said Wednesday that the B. No. 250 tank barge delivered to Bouchard, based in Melville, N.Y., is a manned ocean service, clean oil barge measuring 317-feet, six inches long. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
Company officials say the barge is designed to meet the requirements of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 and has 12 cargo compartments, vapor recovery and two separate pumping systems capable of transporting grade A and lower petroleum products. It also is designed with a four-man accommodations unit, including stateroom, galley and office area.
Hornbeck Offshore Services
Port of New Orleans
Out to Lunch