Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Breaking: Boil Notice
Wed May 2, 2012
Boil Water Advisory Issued for Eastern New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A boil water advisory has been issued for a large area of New Orleans east.
The Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans says water pressure dropped in the area Tuesday night when a 30-inch water main broke about 11 p.m.
The boil water advisory will remain in effect until further notice for customers in an area bounded by Morrison Road, Hayne Boulevard, Downman Road and Bullard Road.