Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Arts & Culture
Mon March 4, 2013
Bogalusa Festival Takes Honors at Conference
The Louisiana Association of Fairs and Festivals has named the Bogalusa Blues and Heritage Festival its New Event of the Year.
Organizers held the inaugural festival in September. The Bogalusa Daily News reports that it drew a couple of thousand people despite a daylong rain.
At the fairs and festivals association's recent annual conference in Baton Rouge, the Bogalusa festival also picked up a first-place award for its poster.
Blues festival chair Malinda White says the lineup has been decided for this year's festival. However it won't be announced until all of the artists have confirmed.