Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Arts & Culture
Mon March 4, 2013
Bogalusa Festival Takes Honors at Conference
The Louisiana Association of Fairs and Festivals has named the Bogalusa Blues and Heritage Festival its New Event of the Year.
Organizers held the inaugural festival in September. The Bogalusa Daily News reports that it drew a couple of thousand people despite a daylong rain.
At the fairs and festivals association's recent annual conference in Baton Rouge, the Bogalusa festival also picked up a first-place award for its poster.
Blues festival chair Malinda White says the lineup has been decided for this year's festival. However it won't be announced until all of the artists have confirmed.