Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Board of Ethics
Tue September 18, 2012
Board of Ethics member resigns from position
A member of the Louisiana Board of Ethics has resigned, and the state House hopes to have a replacement chosen by November.
The Advocate reports that Baton Rouge lawyer Vanessa LaFleur could no longer serve because she accepted a $90,000-a-year state job as director of the state Department of Revenue's Policy Services Division.
LaFleur was one of two Louisiana House appointees to the 11-member board that oversees state conflict of interest, nepotism, campaign finance, lobbyist reporting and personal financial disclosure laws.
The House has received a list of nominations from the presidents of Louisiana's private colleges as required by law. The seven nominees will be interviewed by the House and Governmental Affairs Committee with its recommendation going to a mail ballot of the House for election.
Department of Revenue
Louisiana Board of Ethics