Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Sun September 9, 2012
Biologists study Isaac's impact on deer
Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries biologists are assessing the impact of Hurricane Isaac on deer populations in parishes flooded by the storm.
Biologists say flooding killed some deer. Aerial, waterborne and ground surveys of the storm's overall impact on deer will continue through September.
Data collected will be used to develop recommendations for possible changes to the upcoming deer season. Such proposals would be presented to the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission for consideration at its Oct. 4 meeting.