Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Mon July 16, 2012
Biloxi may ease horse ownership restrictions
The Biloxi City Council is being asked to make a zoning change that could allow more horses in the city.
Community Development Director Jerry Creel says the city's current land development ordinance requires horse owners to have property zoned for agriculture. And it requires at least three acres for ownership of one horse.
But a resident has requested a change. WLOX TV reports (http://bit.ly/Nc604R) that the Biloxi council is expected to consider a proposal allowing residents to own two horses if they have at least three acres of land, and another horse for each additional acre.
The request has already gone before a public hearing in front of the planning commission. A council vote is expected July 22.