Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu May 24, 2012
Bill to Boost Pension Cost Advances, Tied to Raise
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Gov. Bobby Jindal's proposal to hike the amount rank-and-file state workers pay for retirement has advanced to the full House for debate, despite criticism a tie to pay raises could cost the state more than it benefits. It's unclear when the 2 percentage point increase in pension contributions would be levied on employees.