Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu May 24, 2012
Bill to Boost Pension Cost Advances, Tied to Raise
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Gov. Bobby Jindal's proposal to hike the amount rank-and-file state workers pay for retirement has advanced to the full House for debate, despite criticism a tie to pay raises could cost the state more than it benefits. It's unclear when the 2 percentage point increase in pension contributions would be levied on employees.