Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Katrina Bike Tour
Thu May 3, 2012
Bike Tour Features Levee Breach Sites
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — An advocacy group is hosting a weekend bike tour that will include visits to two of the sites where levee breaches during Hurricane Katrina led to catastrophic flooding.
Levees.Org holds the tour Sunday, beginning at New Orleans' City Park. A news release from the organization says participants will ride to the 17th Street Canal breach site Then bikers will ride through the recovering Lakeview neighborhood and through City Park to the London Avenue Canal breach in the Filmore Gardens neighborhood of New Orleans' Gentilly area.
This tour is organized through the "Jane Jacobs Walk" organization, a group that works to help make neighborhoods walkable and bike-friendly.