Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
NPR FM Berlin Bonus
Wed April 25, 2012
Berlin Journal: April 2012
On this episode of the Berlin Journal, Brittani Sonnenberg, editor of the Berlin Journal magazine, speaks with author and American Academy fellow, Karen Russell, about her new book of short stories, tentatively titled Vampires in the Lemon Grove.
Author Tara Bray Smith speaks with American Academy fellow, poet, and philosopher, Richard Deming.
A lecturer in English at Yale University, Deming says his job is to spur students to reflection and to see the extraordinary in the ordinary.
Finishing out the hour, Berlin Stories creator, Anna Winger, takes humorist and food writer, Calvin Trillin, on a food tour of Berlin.
Winger introduces Trillin to some of the German capital's most defining foods, including crusty German bread, currywurst, Turkish doener, and baklava.