Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
NPR FM Berlin Bonus
Wed April 25, 2012
Berlin Journal: April 2012
On this episode of the Berlin Journal, Brittani Sonnenberg, editor of the Berlin Journal magazine, speaks with author and American Academy fellow, Karen Russell, about her new book of short stories, tentatively titled Vampires in the Lemon Grove.
Author Tara Bray Smith speaks with American Academy fellow, poet, and philosopher, Richard Deming.
A lecturer in English at Yale University, Deming says his job is to spur students to reflection and to see the extraordinary in the ordinary.
Finishing out the hour, Berlin Stories creator, Anna Winger, takes humorist and food writer, Calvin Trillin, on a food tour of Berlin.
Winger introduces Trillin to some of the German capital's most defining foods, including crusty German bread, currywurst, Turkish doener, and baklava.