Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sat March 23, 2013
Behind the Bread of Louisiana
On this week's edition of Louisiana Eats!, we'll sit down to explore New Orleans' rich baking culture with historians, bakers, and other assorted experts. We'll hear about forgotten bakeries, special baking techniques, and unique delicacies throughout Southern Louisiana.
Lemon Pound Cake
1 pk. Yellow cake mix
1 pk. Small lemon Jello
2/3 cup Crisco oil
2/3 cup water
½ cup powdered sugar
¾ cup lemon juice
Combine all ingredients and beat for 3 minutes until smooth. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for 55 – 60 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.
When cooled, dissolve the powdered sugar into the lemon juice and drizzle on top of the cake.