Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Mon August 20, 2012
BBC Weatherman Apologizes For Inaccurate Forecast
Originally published on Mon August 20, 2012 12:50 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Rainy weather is the norm in Britain, and so forgive people in southeast England for being excited when the BBC was calling for a dry, sunny weekend. Their barbecues, though, were short lived after a series of storms erupted. A weatherman from the BBC took to the air to apologize. The Telegraph says he admitted his computers had predicted rain. Apparently he and his colleagues were just feeling more optimistic. Then they ended up red faced, though not from the sun. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.