Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed August 15, 2012
BBC Exec to become head of NY Times
Originally published on Wed August 15, 2012 6:32 am
Mark Thompson is a former BBC executive, and he will face a different business model from the non-profit British broadcaster. The paper is run by a board that's largely elected by a family trust. Thompson will start in November. The paper has been without a chief since last December.