Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu July 19, 2012
Bayou Blue man dead after arrest in aided-suicide case
A Bayou Blue man charged with helping his wife commit suicide has been found dead in Houma with what Terrebonne Parish deputies say appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The Courier reports that 69-year-old Charles Joseph Fanguy was found by deputies in the yard of a residence Thursday morning. He had been released on bond after his arrest on Wednesday.
The Terrebonne Parish Sheriff's Office said someone reported in June that Charles Fanguy had told acquaintances he had helped his wife end her life.
Betty Fanguy, who had been in poor health, died in May.
Authorities said they believe Charles Fanguy found her injured from a fall in their home and gave her prescription drugs.