Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO Arts Features
Fri March 20, 2009
Battiste to perform with the LPO
New Orelans, LA – Harold Battiste is a New Orleans musician of the finest kind: a man who - in Duke Ellington's well-turned phrase - is "beyond category", with important accomplishments as a composer, educator, performer and entrepreneur. Harold Battiste also has a great track record as an arranger and producer of signature american popular music: helping craft hits for Sam Cooke, Joe Jones, Lee Dorsey, Barbara George and Sonny and Cher. It's that part of the Harold Battiste story that Fred Kasten has for you today.