Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri September 21, 2012
Baton Rouge Police: Grandmother attacked by grandson
Baton Rouge Police say a man accused of beating his grandmother and pouring hot water on the 87-year-old woman has been booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison.
Cpl. L'Jean McKneely tells The Advocate (http://bit.ly/Og2RlS ) 35-year-old Ernest Girtley allegedly attacked his grandmother just before 10 p.m. Tuesday at her home.
McKneely says Girtley allegedly pulled the woman from her bed, dragged her through the house and punched her in the face while telling her he was going to kill her.
He says the elderly woman grabbed her walking cane and hit her grandson in the groin.
Girtley was booked on one count each of cruelty to the infirm and aggravated second-degree battery.
It was unclear whether Girtley has an attorney.