Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Tue February 5, 2013
Baton Rouge Patent Growth Declines
Originally published on Tue February 5, 2013 4:38 pm
Patent production isn’t growing as quickly in Baton Rouge as in other metro areas, according to a new national study.
The Brookings Institution ranks Baton Rouge 141st out of over 350 metro areas for patent production. The capitol city averaged 71 new patents yearly between 2007 and 2011. But it is on the bottom of the list for patent growth.
High patent production typically coincides with low unemployment. And patent growth can indicate coming industry expansion.
Exxon and LSU are the top patent producers in Baton Rouge.