Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- For The First Time In 70 Years, Wild Whooping Cranes Have Laid Eggs In Louisiana
Sun February 9, 2014
Baton Rouge May Get A Streetcar Line
Plans are in the works for a $100 million streetcar line in the fast-developing Nicholson Drive corridor.
Planner John Fregonese tells The Advocate the corridor is a hotbed of commercial and residential development. Fregonese is working to implement the city's master land-use plan, known as FutureBR.
He cites developments such as IBM's service center, the residential tower going up next to it, the Water Campus coastal research center and the mixed-use River District development.
More than 3,700 housing units, from condominiums in the River District to new residential units at LSU, are under construction on the drawing board.
NPR Cities: Urban Life In The 21st Century