Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sun February 9, 2014
Baton Rouge May Get A Streetcar Line
Plans are in the works for a $100 million streetcar line in the fast-developing Nicholson Drive corridor.
Planner John Fregonese tells The Advocate the corridor is a hotbed of commercial and residential development. Fregonese is working to implement the city's master land-use plan, known as FutureBR.
He cites developments such as IBM's service center, the residential tower going up next to it, the Water Campus coastal research center and the mixed-use River District development.
More than 3,700 housing units, from condominiums in the River District to new residential units at LSU, are under construction on the drawing board.
NPR Cities: Urban Life In The 21st Century