Most Active Stories
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 22, 2015
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Where Y'Eat: Relighting The Tiki Torch
Sun February 9, 2014
Baton Rouge May Get A Streetcar Line
Plans are in the works for a $100 million streetcar line in the fast-developing Nicholson Drive corridor.
Planner John Fregonese tells The Advocate the corridor is a hotbed of commercial and residential development. Fregonese is working to implement the city's master land-use plan, known as FutureBR.
He cites developments such as IBM's service center, the residential tower going up next to it, the Water Campus coastal research center and the mixed-use River District development.
More than 3,700 housing units, from condominiums in the River District to new residential units at LSU, are under construction on the drawing board.
NPR Cities: Urban Life In The 21st Century