Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Baton Rouge Airport
Wed August 1, 2012
Baton Rouge airport's budget projected to increase
The Baton Rouge Metro Airport's budget is projected to increase by nearly 5 percent in 2013 to $13.1 million. That's according to a proposal presented to the Airport Commission's finance committee.
Cary Morgan, the airport's business manager, says the increase from an expected $12.5 million expenditure in 2012 will be funded primarily through non-airline revenue, which is expected to jump $400,000 to $9 million.
Non-airline revenue comes from parking, concessions, rental car companies, leases of airport property and other sources.
The Advocate reports airline revenue is expected to remain relatively flat in 2013, at $4.6 million.
Morgan says employee benefits will account for approximately 54 percent of employee salary and benefit costs in 2013.