Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Baton Rouge Airport
Wed August 1, 2012
Baton Rouge airport's budget projected to increase
The Baton Rouge Metro Airport's budget is projected to increase by nearly 5 percent in 2013 to $13.1 million. That's according to a proposal presented to the Airport Commission's finance committee.
Cary Morgan, the airport's business manager, says the increase from an expected $12.5 million expenditure in 2012 will be funded primarily through non-airline revenue, which is expected to jump $400,000 to $9 million.
Non-airline revenue comes from parking, concessions, rental car companies, leases of airport property and other sources.
The Advocate reports airline revenue is expected to remain relatively flat in 2013, at $4.6 million.
Morgan says employee benefits will account for approximately 54 percent of employee salary and benefit costs in 2013.