Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Baton Rouge Airport
Wed August 1, 2012
Baton Rouge airport's budget projected to increase
The Baton Rouge Metro Airport's budget is projected to increase by nearly 5 percent in 2013 to $13.1 million. That's according to a proposal presented to the Airport Commission's finance committee.
Cary Morgan, the airport's business manager, says the increase from an expected $12.5 million expenditure in 2012 will be funded primarily through non-airline revenue, which is expected to jump $400,000 to $9 million.
Non-airline revenue comes from parking, concessions, rental car companies, leases of airport property and other sources.
The Advocate reports airline revenue is expected to remain relatively flat in 2013, at $4.6 million.
Morgan says employee benefits will account for approximately 54 percent of employee salary and benefit costs in 2013.