Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Sun July 15, 2012
Barriere only bidder for I-10 work
The state is preparing to spend millions of dollars repaving Interstate 10 in Kenner and the Airport Access Road.
The Times-Picayune reports Barriere Construction Co. this week entered the only bid to overlay the highway between the St. Charles Parish line and Williams Boulevard.
Barriere's bid — almost $4.8 million — came in about $500,000 above the state's Department of Transportation and Development estimate of almost $4.2 million.
Construction usually begins two to four months after bids are opened.
Another project in the pipeline is rehabbing Airport Access Road, which connects I-10 to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.
The state's estimated cost for the rehab is between $1 million and $2.5 million. Bids are scheduled to be opened July 25.