Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Sun July 15, 2012
Barriere only bidder for I-10 work
The state is preparing to spend millions of dollars repaving Interstate 10 in Kenner and the Airport Access Road.
The Times-Picayune reports Barriere Construction Co. this week entered the only bid to overlay the highway between the St. Charles Parish line and Williams Boulevard.
Barriere's bid — almost $4.8 million — came in about $500,000 above the state's Department of Transportation and Development estimate of almost $4.2 million.
Construction usually begins two to four months after bids are opened.
Another project in the pipeline is rehabbing Airport Access Road, which connects I-10 to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.
The state's estimated cost for the rehab is between $1 million and $2.5 million. Bids are scheduled to be opened July 25.