Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu April 19, 2012
Bahrain Prepares Grand Prix Despite Expected Protests
Originally published on Thu April 19, 2012 6:26 pm
More than 100 million viewers around the world are expected to tune-in to watch a Grand Prix race in the Persian Gulf nation of Bahrain this weekend. The same race was cancelled there last year for safety reasons, amid Arab Spring protests and police crack downs. While turmoil still exists, ESPN senior writer Ryan McGee tells Audie Cornish this year's race will likely go on, but it won't be without controversy.