Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed September 15, 2010
Back to School Edition
2 pounds okra
(preferably small pods - if using larger, cut into 1 inch lengths)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsalmic vinegar or water
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a baking pan with olive oil. Combine olive oil with water or balsalmic vinegar in a large bowl. Add the okra to the bowl and toss the okra till lightly coated. Arrange in a single layer on the baking pan. Lightly salt and add other seasonings like cayenne or even cumin if desired. Put into the hot oven and set a timer for 5 minutes. Roast, stirring or shaking the pan every five minutes until the okra is lightly browned. This will be between 10 and 15 minutes in total. Serve.