Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Job Training Audit
Wed June 13, 2012
Audit: Job-Training Program Overspends
BATON ROUGE — A new report from the Legislative Auditor's Office says a state job-training and employment program spent between $3 million and $5 million more on transportation than it should have compared to practices used in other states. Authorities say the program, known as STEP, also failed to meet its goals for getting welfare recipients back to work.