Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Features
Thu April 1, 2010
Arranging Flowers Illegally
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, Louisiana – Spring has finally arrived in New Orleans and blossoms are blooming. But not just anyone can cut, arrange, and sell those pretty plants. Louisiana is the only state in the country which requires florists to be licensed, and that means passing a test which includes arranging flowers. One group of would-be New Orleans florists is challenging this law first put in place in 1939. Eve Abrams brings us this story.