Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed April 24, 2013
AP's Twitter Account Running Again; Was Hacked Tuesday
Originally published on Wed April 24, 2013 9:21 am
"The @AP Twitter account, which was suspended after being hacked, has been secured and is back up. Thank you for your patience."
That's the word Wednesday morning from The Associated Press.
Tuesday, as we reported, a message appeared on the AP's Twitter page stating — falsely — that there had been two explosions at the White House and President Obama had been injured. Stocks dropped sharply, but came back quickly as it became clear that no such thing had happened.
The Syrian Electronic Army, the pro-Bashar Assad group that hacked NPR.org on April 15, has claimed it hacked the AP.