Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri September 4, 2009
New Orleans, LA – This week on the farmers Market Minute we look at Apples
Our friends up north must be jealous. Down south it's already apple season! If the weather cooperates, Jesse Nagle will be at the market this weekend with first of the season apples from his family's Cherry Creek Orchard in Pontotoc, Mississippi. Not sure where that is? Stop by the market Welcome Tent and check out the map of our vendors' farm locations. Cherry Creek Orchard grows all sorts of different varieties of apples: Paula Red, Gayla, Ultra Red, Red Delicious, Fuji, Golden Delicious, Candy Crisp, Pink Lady, Winesap, Granny Smith and Arkansas Black. Jesse can tell you about all of them. Just ask him!
For hours and location of farmers markets in our region. market info