Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue January 24, 2012
Apple Sold 37 Million iPhones Last Quarter, 7 Million More Than Expected
Originally published on Tue January 24, 2012 4:22 pm
Apple's just-released financial results for the quarter ended Dec. 31 have some eye-popping numbers:
-- "Record quarterly net profit of $13.1 billion," double the $6 billion of the same quarter a year earlier.
-- 37.04 million iPhones sold; 7 million more than analysts expected, according to CNET News. The company unveiled its iPhone 4S in mid-October.
-- 15.43 million iPads sold; up 111 percent from the same quarter a year earlier.
As The Associated Press puts it, "after uncharacteristically tepid sales in the July-to-September quarter, Apple came back with a vengeance in last three months of 2011, vastly exceeding analyst estimates and setting new records."