Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri January 24, 2014
Animal Life: Sometimes Pets Need First Aid
You're probably familiar with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. But have you ever heard of mouth-to-snout?
That's right, pets have medical emergencies too. Your feisty outdoor cat, for example might show up at dinnertime with a battle wound. Or you might find your dog in over his head in the bayou.
Learning animal first aid and CPR is a good way to prepare for unexpected accidents. Pet first aid and CPR training gives you the know-how to get your animals through a medical emergency until you get them to a vet.
The Louisiana SPCA offers pet first aid/CPR classes. Click here to find out how you can sign up.
Music Inside Out with Gwen Thompkins