Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Mon September 17, 2012
Ameristar: Casino project on schedule
Officials of Ameristar Casino say construction of a $500 million casino is moving ahead on schedule and the development should open in 2014.
The American Press reports that since July, Ameristar has removed trees, set a building foundation and completed a road that allows construction workers access to the site of its casino hotel in south Lake Charles.
Ameristar Vice President Jack Mohn said the new casino's neighbor — Pinnacle Entertainment, owner of L'Auberge Casino Resort — has been accommodating.
He said Pinnacle has allowed construction materials to be transported through its property to the construction site.