Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
The Listening Room
Wed May 9, 2012
"America Abroad": Iran And The Bomb
Will sanctions and diplomacy be enough to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons? Or is a military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities inevitable?
"Because we have employed so many of the options that are available to us to persuade Iran to take a different course, the window for solving this issue diplomatically is shrinking."
-President Obama during a press conference with British Prime Minister David Cameron on March 14, 2012
Iran's nuclear ambitions have the world on edge. Because of its reluctance to admit international inspectors, and its progress in enriching uranium, the situation is increasingly tense. A nuclear Iran could lead to a Middle Eastern arms race and destabilize the world's oil market.
For more information on this series go to: americaabroad.org/radio
Airs Sunday, May 13th. You can hear The Listening Room Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m., on WWNO, 89.9 FM.