Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
The Listening Room
Wed May 9, 2012
"America Abroad": Iran And The Bomb
Will sanctions and diplomacy be enough to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons? Or is a military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities inevitable?
"Because we have employed so many of the options that are available to us to persuade Iran to take a different course, the window for solving this issue diplomatically is shrinking."
-President Obama during a press conference with British Prime Minister David Cameron on March 14, 2012
Iran's nuclear ambitions have the world on edge. Because of its reluctance to admit international inspectors, and its progress in enriching uranium, the situation is increasingly tense. A nuclear Iran could lead to a Middle Eastern arms race and destabilize the world's oil market.
For more information on this series go to: americaabroad.org/radio
Airs Sunday, May 13th. You can hear The Listening Room Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m., on WWNO, 89.9 FM.