Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Tue August 28, 2012
A&M vs. La. Tech game postponed because of Isaac
Texas A&M and Louisiana Tech have decided to postpone Thursday night's season opener in Shreveport because of Hurricane Isaac's forecast path through Louisiana.
The game has been rescheduled until Oct. 13, which had been an open date for both teams.
Louisiana Tech Athletic Director Bruce Van de Velde says university officials, who announced the postponement on Tuesday, are concerned about the safety of the athletes and fans, and want to conscientious of the effect the storm could have on residents throughout the region.
Officials say the kickoff time will be determined at a later date. Tickets and parking permits already purchased will be honored, but there will be no refunds.
Tech now opens Sept. 8 at Houston, while A&M opens Sept. 8 at home against No. 23 Florida.
Power Outage Map