Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue August 28, 2012
A&M vs. La. Tech game postponed because of Isaac
Texas A&M and Louisiana Tech have decided to postpone Thursday night's season opener in Shreveport because of Hurricane Isaac's forecast path through Louisiana.
The game has been rescheduled until Oct. 13, which had been an open date for both teams.
Louisiana Tech Athletic Director Bruce Van de Velde says university officials, who announced the postponement on Tuesday, are concerned about the safety of the athletes and fans, and want to conscientious of the effect the storm could have on residents throughout the region.
Officials say the kickoff time will be determined at a later date. Tickets and parking permits already purchased will be honored, but there will be no refunds.
Tech now opens Sept. 8 at Houston, while A&M opens Sept. 8 at home against No. 23 Florida.
Power Outage Map